Saturday, March 1, 2008

Saturday Night Live Updates

So today I discovered my mouth: I got the hiccups, coughed and sneezed (apparently I sound nothing like my mother) I got about 3 hours of touch time with my parents, and my dad would like to publicly thank me for giving him yet one more excuse to take his shirt off:)
They put me back on the CPAP this morning, but by this afternoon I was on the Nasal Canula.
Today they fed me through a tube in my nose that goes to my stomach. It's pretty interesting how this all works: they feed me the milk through my nose, let it go to my stomach and then pump it back out to test it: green is bad....today it came back green (hows that for a visual picture) I've never had real food in my stomach before so it takes some time to get used to it and learning how to process food. My mom also put an itty bitty milk on an itty bitty pacifier and I sucked the milk off the paci.
They are watching my breathing and feeding closely. A lot of preemies have problems with both, so we just need to pray that everything continues to progress well. Intestinal surgery is a road I don't want to go down, so pray that I continue to develop well. I also am having to work really hard breathing which is making me lose weight...that's bad...so pray that my lungs start working well and growing and developing.

2 comments:

Papa Rose said...

Peanut:
Remember "HUGS, KISSES & CUDDLES"!
God is so faithful, I know that that our Great Physician
is working on that digestive system at this very moment.
Plus you have those wonderful doctors and nurses!
You will be pumping that milk before we know it.
You have so many friends and family who are praying for you.
We want you out of the condo at Mary Birch, and into the new condo at home.
That’s because the sooner you get home, the sooner, all of us get to give you
“HUGS, KISSES & CUDDLES”.

Mike Wilmers & Company said...

Loving prayers being said for all of you Roses, Debbie W.