Saturday, February 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to Trevor!!! (Updates from Saturday)

Today is my one week birthday, and I got some of the best presents ever today:
-Kangaroo care (no we didn't visit the zoo). This is skin on skin time I got with both mommy and daddy. First mommy got to hold me for whole hour while I dozed off on her, and then daddy took his shirt off (which we all know he was really uncomfortable about) and got to hold me for an hour too. This was a great time for me to really bond and connect with both my parents.

-First Kiss. My mom, dad and Auntie D all got to give me kisses for the first time...i like those

-Goodbye C-PAP hello Nasal Canula. This is a tiny oxygen tube that sprays spurts of oxygen into my nose. This means that i am a big boy and nothing is breathing for me or expanding my lungs for me...hello NBA.

-Nurses: They're everywhere!!! But besides all the undivided attention one said that the hole in my heart may be getting smaller. The results from the ultra sound said that the size of the hole is medium to small, which is good, last time they said it was bigger. So I have another round of heart meds and another ultra sound next week, to determine if I will have to have surgery.

Prayer for today: My left eye is swollen, they don't know why. I like staring into my mom's pretty eyes, so lets pray that heals.
My heart: keep praying for my heart and that the meds heal it.
My Parents: pray for lots of rest for them

1 comment:

Papa Rose said...

Thank you all who are praying for Trevor, I know that there are people all over the U.S. and even in foreign countries that are praying for Trevor! We thank you all!
Jer. 33:3 Call unto me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty thingswhich you do not know.