Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Message for my Daddy...

Dear Daddy,
I knew from the first days of my life, when you held me in your big, loving hands that you would be my protector. Then you held me on your chest, close to your heart and I have never felt so safe. I knew that day, after day you would be there for me in the hospital, no matter how long your day at work had been or how tired you were, cause I could see in your eyes how much you loved me. You were the first one to call me your Little Warrior, and because you believed in me, I knew I had the strength to get through each day. I felt your hand as you laid it on me each day and heard your voice as you whispered a prayer to God. God heard you and he answered each of your prayers. You were so strong for mommy when she was scared or anxious. You are our rock, Daddy. And now that I am home, there is nothing that I like to do more than lay on your chest and watch a game with you. You are my coach, through every bottle feeding you cheer me on and with each milestone you are so proud of me. People say I look just like you, and that makes me happy, because I hope to grow up someday and be just like my dad . .. . because he is strong, silly, supportive and my hero.
I love you Daddy,
Trevor

3 comments:

Sparky said...

...And that post just made me cry. Happy Father's Day, Jeff :)

Nana said...

WOW, that is the best Father's Day gift, a son! Love and hugs to you, dearest Jeffrey and my precious Trevor. May God's unfailing love and grace cover you always.
Love, Nana (Mom)

Bruce Fox said...

Hi grandson.....

This has been the best Father's Day ever for me....I saw both my children and their sons. I love all my kids so much and praise God for them. Each of you are miracles in my mind....especially you Trevor.

I cannot wait until you and I bond Trevor....like Braydn and I have bonded. I have studied all my life to be your teacher....but so far you have been teaching me. Oh yeah...your daddy won't be able to play with you all the time, so that's what grandpa's are for.