Monday, May 12, 2008

Thoughts from a mom on her first Mother's Day

Well, it finally hit me full force today . . . I am a mom. What a journey it has been. God's timing is perfect. If it were up to me, I would have been pregnant five years ago, but thank God I'm not in charge. I would have missed out on so much I had to learn along the way. Even through many struggles these last five years and the grief of miscarriage, God knew that today my joy would be made complete in this precious baby boy. Eighty days in the NICU, though some of the hard! est moments of our lives, made today all the sweeter and more precious and we praise God for His unwavering faithfulness to us through it all.
What a journey this has already been, and yet it is all just beginning. Through tears, I reflected on the day in the hospital when they told us blood was not getting to Trevor's left foot and all his toes were completely blue and today I celebrated as I kissed his perfect pink, little toes. I recognized too that many people have been taking this journey with us and it is due to your support and prayers that we celebrate this Mother's Day. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. And happy Mother's Day to all the moms (especially to my two amazing moms).
Dad's don't worry . . . your day is coming soon. :)
Trev's diaper then and now...

13 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations

Corrie said...

Trevor, you are a perfect little peach! Tina, thank you for sharing your experience with us all. Happy Mother's day!!!!!!!!!

Whimsique said...

Happy Mother's Day Tyna Town... I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you guys. God's timing truly is perfect:)

Edward rose said...

Happy Mothers day

Grandpa Fox said...

Trevor...you have a beautiful mother...I have never seen you more radiant. Happy Mother's Day my daughter. Let every day be Mother's Day and enjoy every one.

I love you too Jeff and Trevor.

I love our LORD GOD...Y'shua Ha Mashiach....Jesus the Christ.

I love everybody. Little babies will do that to ya. Praise God!

Tatum said...

Happy Mother's Day Beautiful lady and your blog brought tears to my eyes. The pictures, you two gazing into one another's eyes and Trevs lying in his crib. God is good! You are beautiful, Jeff is a stud and Trevs is a lucky little man :) love you

Nana said...

WOW, what a blessing today's blog is for everyone who reads it. Tina you are a very beautiful (inside and out) mommy and Trevor knows how special he is, by the love you shower on him.
God's blessings and love are shinning in you all.
Trevor, you are the Lord's warrior.
God bless you all in a special way today.
Love, Hugs, and kisses,
Nana

Anderson 5 said...

Wow! That is truly priceless! Tina, you are a beautiful mommy and we are SO thrilled for you guys and this new phase of life! How perfect God's timing is, huh? Happy Mother's Day to you!

The Andersons

Sparky said...

I am so happy for you guys :)

Papa Rose said...

Peanut:

You and your mom are so beautiful!! God has blessed you with wonderful parents! We have been confident in God’s mercy over the past 13 weeks, even if we might have thought that He was a long way from you, we have seen that He has always been quite near! You are truly God’s Little Warrior!

HUGG’S, CUDDLES & KISSES
xoxoxo Love Papa

Nonnie/Mom said...

Thoughts from a mom on her first Mother's Day were powerful and the pictures told a precious story of the God’s miracles in the lives of Tina, Jeff and Trevor. I am so thankful that I have got to share in those miracles.
Mom / Nonnie

Aunt Kay said...

As I read the blogspot today, all I wanted to do was sing the song . . . "Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music". What a joy it has been to see the way God has worked in bringing Trevor home with to such loving parents and family nearby to lend support. Trevor welcome to the family!! God bless you and keep you in His care all of your days. I am so thankful I got to meet you up close and personal and got to see your Mommy and Daddy too! What a celebration we had for your Grandpa Fox!! It was great.
Love ya!

WyRush said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day!!!

I'm so thrilled for all of you that I don't even know how to begin to put it into words.

God is so good, and so faithful!!
~wmr~