Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's a Boy!!!

Today, May 7 is my actual due date...crazy how God orchestrates things eh?
These are pic's from our last day in the hospital and our overnight there, as well as some from home and at my first Pediatrician visit. We are doing great - I have been adjusting to life at home. We leave some lights on and play music for me at night, so that it is a little more like the NICU. I still has some eating issues and scare mom from time to time when milk goes to the lungs instead of the belly - but we are getting better. I has technically left the hospital, but we still seem to have to see a lot of Dr.'s. Today we saw my Ped. and tomorrow we have an eye Dr. apt and then a Follow up apt with the surgeon who did my hernia surgery to get the bandages removed. Lots of follow up calls from Hospital and insurance workers . . . maybe in a week or so it will start to feel "normal" - whatever that is. For now, we are just enjoying being together - every second is prec! ious and it is truly sureal having him home. My last day in the NICU was really emotional - having to say goodbye to my "second family". A huge shout out to all my Dr's and nurses and staff - we can never say thank you enough for all they did for us. We ended our stay of 80 days with me weighing in at 5lbs 11oz. Now I'm is already over 6 pounds - go Mom and Dad!!! Must be all those late night feedings. :) We wish everyone could come and see me, but the Dr's have told us to keep me inside the house for the first month or so. And no crowds for about three months. Please pray that mom and dad don't go too stir crazy. Thank you to all Trevor's pray warriors - we couldn't have made it through the last three months without you.I love my nurses!!!Our last night in the NICU

8 comments:

WyRush said...

Oh my goodness! All of this is truly amazing. The Lord is faithful and has shown that over and over again.

Trevor Jalen Rose you are a miraculous blessing!!

Congratulations Momma Tina and Daddio Jeff - you made it home!

You're still in the hearts and prayers of our Washington Prayer Contingency. From all of us, to all of you - May the Lord continue to BLESS you, together, each and every day.

WOOHOOOO!!!
~wmr~

Nana said...

Dear Trevor, We are praising our Lord for your birth and homecoming.
You are such a blessing to us. You have touched so many lives for the Lord.
May God bless you today in a very special way. (Also, your sweet Mom and Dad.) Also prayers for your Nonnie as she oversees this weeks projects.
Love and hugs,
Nana

Sparky said...

Trevor, you are SUCH a little warrior!! I love your smile, you little heartbreaker!

Tina and Jeff, you are AMAZING.

xoxo!!

Grandpa Fox said...

It's all true folks...Grandpa can hardly believe it...but I saw Trevor in his own home in La Mesa where Tina and Jeff are protecting the nest. Nonnie is there as a big help, and Great Aunt Kay and I got to take a meal over on Monday night. Kay goes back to Nebraska today, but baked some choc chip cookies for the parents.

I go set up my new office at Southern California Seminary today Trev...and your pictures will be prominently displayed.

Just enjoy all the love and care for now as you continue to grow. We all praise God that you were born and my usual saying at anyone's birthday party is.....
"I am glad you were born!

Corrie said...

No one could look cuter in a car seat and moses basket than you, Trevor! Glad you are home. Take good care of your mom and dad!

Sally P-G said...

Congratulations Trevor!!! I am so happy for you and your Mom and Dad that you are home. I will continue to pray that you get stronger and healthier so that I can see you soon at one of your cousins birthday parties.

Love and Prayers sent your way, Sally :)

kristy said...

Wow, finally at home! We're so thankful that you are charging ahead with life little Trevor... there is so much more to come!

Auntie Jul said...

Jeff, Tina & Baby Trevor,
Just giving praise to our Lord for his amazing love & care & plan. You are all home sweet home.
I love the photos - Tina, you are beautiful holding your priceless baby boy, your can just see the deep love you have. Jeff, you are so wonderful and it is so terrific to see you holding your son & see the love & care you have for him! Enjoy every second you have toghether - the time goes by so,so fast!
We will continue our prayers for all of you as you grow together as a family who God has truly blessed!
One added blessing you have is amazing grandparents who all love & cherish you all!!!
Love to you,
Auntie Jul
xoxoxo