Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Trevor's Dedication

Sunday was a big day for me . . . my parents took me to church (www.diveintoflood.com) for the first time and they "dedicated" me. I wasn't sure what that meant at first; my cousin thought it meant I was being "donated", which I was glad to find out that wasn't the case. But, I did find out that it means that my parents, my family, friends and church community are "dedicated" to seeing me grow up to be a godly man. My parents committed to raising me in loving, peaceful home, where I could see what it means to grow up in God's grace. Thank you to all my family and friends who came to see me dedicated. I think what my daddy said was right, "Trevor wouldn't be here today if it weren't for the prayers of so many." Thank you all for being my army of prayer warriors.


Pastor Matt, mom & me, dad and Amie BeMent (AKA- "The Voice of Trevor" & our Children's Pastor)

My Uncle B took a video of the dedication (unfortunately, the file was too big, so I couldn't put it on the blog). But I wish you could have seen my entrance . . . I came up to the "Trevor Time" theme song. It felt like I had just won a gold medal and they were playing my anthem! (If you are not a Padres fan, this may not make sense - but trust me, it was awesome!).
Aunt Jen, Uncle B and Me at my party


After the ceremony, we had a little party at Nonnie and Papa's house. It was also a celebration for Nonnie and Papa, because it was their 40th Anniversary! Congrats!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Trevor -
How handsome you look! What a big day for you and your parents. If your parents ever decide to "donate" you, I hope they look me up!!! It was(and is) a privilege to be able to pray for you. God does amazing things through prayer. Tell your Nonnie and Papa congratulations! That is awesome that they celebrated their 40th anniversary.

Julie Campbell
frylake.com

Edward rose said...

We all love you Trevor and cant forget mom and dad to

Bruce Fox said...

You were the star Trevor...but Papa and Nonnie got to tag along in celebrating our # 40 anniversary. To have all of our family and a lot of extended family here Sunday truly made our day. How happy we were and the memories shall last. Many thanks to all who came, for all you did, and for who you are. We love you.