Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NICU Reunion, A special shower, and other notables

So, the NICU at Mary Birch Hospital had a reunion for all the babies who have ever had to stay there. The funny thing about reunions is that it seems like everyone is fatter and bald, but hey, were babies, so that's a good thing! :) Anyway, I got to see some of my girlfriends, my nurses, the doctors and a lot of other friends. Many of my friends are doing really well - I can't believe how BIG they are! Some of my friends are still having a hard time breathing or have minor health issues and still need our prayers. My mom and dad and I got to make a video together and my picture went into the scrapbook that will be there year after year. It made me think about how far I've come and how much I have to be thankful for. Here are some pictures from the day: Nicole and Erin sandwich!

My NICU pals!
Sophie and me

My girl Emily! I had to show off my abs in an effort to impress, and I think it worked, because she kept trying to hold my hand.

Annie is my hero! She is the one who first took me from the doctor when I was born and helped me start breathing!

Great Aunties Athalie, Barbara and Lynne threw my mom and I a very special shower. Thank you!!! Here are some pictures from the day:









Jer Jer gives gooood kisses!


Dad's best friend Eric (or Walkdog to some) just got married, so we took a family trip up to the LBC (Long Beach City) for the big day. Congrats Eric and Evo!!!

I FINALLY got to meet some very special friends:

World travelers Joe and Wanida (AKA: Joey Williams and Noodle) and . . .

World famous Brad and Kristy!

Here's me and my cousin Braydn when I had a sleepover at his house!


By the way, this drinking milk stuff is getting old . . . I am much happier when I am eating rice cereal! I am still working on my drinking issues, so I'll keep ya posted.

2 comments:

Edward rose said...

yea go get em kid

Aunt Kay said...

Hey Bud,

You are lookin' mighty fine! Can't blame little Emily for wantin' to hold your hand.

Glad you like your cereal.

As ever, glad you are keepin' us posted!!

love ya.